Real estate funds face a number of challenges. Vacancy levels continue to rise, the market for financing is tough, confidence is declining and regulation is increasing. The expansion of the exemption scheme (to over €100,000) and greater transparency requirements have forced investment institutions to take action.
Real Estate Funds Sector Group offers national and international support
BDO is specialised in providing services to real estate funds. For many years, the Real Estate Funds Sector Group has actively supported real estate funds and providers at both a national and an international level. Our clients include Dutch and German issuing houses active in real estate funds, exchange-listed real estate funds, bank-owned funds and many Anglo-Saxon real estate funds that focus on development and investment projects in Continental Europe, the UK, North America, Asia and the emerging markets of South America. We also advise the clients of real estate funds, such as investment funds in the property sector that were set up for tax purposes, private equity funds with property elements, real estate funds with a residential or commercial focus, and opportunity funds and blind funds.
The Real Estate Fund Sector Group advises institutions that are subject to licensing as well as those that are not. We can provide you with advice and support in the following areas:
- Applying for a licence from the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets;
- Setting up the required operations;
- Preparing the prospectus in accordance with the relevant rules and regulations;
- Dealing with rules and regulations, including compliance;
- Managing the relationship with the regulator;
- Structuring property investments for tax purposes.